Become a fan
Join us on Facebook and Twitter to see the latest College Football photos & events!
Recipe of the week
NCAA Kick-Off Weekend Recipe
This is Easy Peasy, and great when you're in a pinch for a quick game day appetizer.
Note: You can substitute your basic ingredients with i.e. five-alarm chilli; the hottest salsa available; or add some cayenne pepper to the fold.
Opening weekend of the season demands multiple courses for the hungry masses. You can get this on and off the grill to start feeding them in no time at all.
- Chilli: 4 cans of meat chilli/bean chilli (preferably 2 meat and 2 beans)
- Cream cheese: 500 Grams (2 bricks/2 tubs) • Salsa – 1 small jar (medium heat)
- Chilli powder: 1 heaping tbsp.
- Optional: 1 tsp. of chipotle or cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese: 1 medium bag of Tex Mex / Monterey jack, or shred your own
- Small Soft tortillas, Tortilla Chips, and Pita Wedges
- 1 medium tinfoil pan, aluminum foil
1. Mix chilli, cream cheese, salsa and spices together until consistent throughout. (Hint: cut your cream cheese into cubes and microwave for 30 sec.)
2. Sprinkle Tex-Mex cheese on top of mixture, and then sprinkle with some additional chilli pepper
3. Cook on a grill - off-heat, or oven at 350 degrees F - until mixtures bubbles and cheese is melted
4. Remove foil, cook for another 5 minutes on broil to brown-up the cheese
5. Cut your pitas into wedges, stack and wrap in tinfoil and throw on the grill for five minutes; and also wrap your tortilla in tinfoil and do the same
Serve hot two hours before kick-off - hot with the assortment of warm soft warm tortillas, warmed grilled pita wedges and crispy tortillas. Consume with a Smokehouse Bloody Caesar
Recipe supplied by Gridiron Chef "Doc" Dockeray - Tailgate Homegate Media Network
NewsObserver.com -- College
The new College Football Hall of Fame has opened in downtown Atlanta, with the hopes of bringing in some 500,000 visitors a year. Click to Continue »
25 minutes ago
Tennessee twins Elliott and Evan Berry say they don't feel extra pressure playing defense for the Volunteers, following the path of their older and very successful brother. Click to Continue...
35 minutes ago
Funeral services are set for a Kent State football player who was found dead in the bedroom of his off-campus apartment this week. Click to Continue »
3 hours ago
In 2008, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville began its transition from Division II to Division I athletics. Today, its men's basketball games are broadcast to millions and ticket ...
Steve Gunter is worried about college football fans. Click to Continue »
MADISON, Wisc. - Other than saying quarterbacks Tanner McEvoy and Joel Stave both deserve to play this season, Wisconsin football coach Gary Andersen has been coy about who will start&hellip...
It was all but a given that Illinois would name Wes Lunt its starting quarterback. What is less certain is the quality of the players around the transfer from Oklahoma… Click to Continue...
Blake Bortles insists he's content to be a backup. Click to Continue »
Everybody is chasing Jameis Winston and No. 1 FSU. Here’s what else you need to know about ACC football: Click to Continue »
NC State returns four starters, plus a fifth veteran, to help new quarterback Jacoby Brissett. Click to Continue »